Top Trends on Twitter:
1. Mulamwah – Mulamwah has given up on comedy and seems to have left the industry for good after being trolled on twitter. He first tweeted a video that shows him setting his signature jacket on fire. He then followed it up with an explanation, in which he mentions that his wife once suffered a miscarriage as a result of the stress related to online bullying.
Most #KOT have been showing their support for him, advising him to take a break and come back later. The likes of Bahati and Jalang’o were of the opinion that haters are part of success and that as a public figure, he should develop a thick skin.
However, in a twist, other #KOT called Mulamwah’s exit hypocritical, claiming that he himself had repeatedly trolled other people in the past. He was only on the receiving end of the treatment he had given out before. Kiss 100’s Kamene Goro was one of those criticizing his action, as she is a victim of his bullying.
2. 100BobForFelix – #KOT showed that they are a real family yesterday. In a span of hours, they contributed more than half a million for one Felix Nyaoso, who needed about sh.300,000 for a head surgery. They exceeded the required amount by sh.200,000+
3. LordsofBetrayal – Most #KOT are angry at our elected leaders. There is the feeling that our leaders are not doing enough during the corona disaster. Instead, they have retreated and abandoned their electorate, and will most probably come back after corona is gone to continue with their politics of greed. That seems to be the general opinion, as shown in the tweets below:
4. KFCBonObsceneContent – Ezekiel Mutua and the Kenya Film Classification Board has led #KOT in condemning obscene content in Kenya, the latest of which is the hit song Utawezana by Mejja and Femi One. #KOT seem to be of the opinion that such content is harmful to children and is leading to the moral degeneration of our society. The KFCB will blacklist the creators of such content as ‘Utawezana’, barring them from government sponsored events and ensuring that they do not get a share of the government’s money set aside for local artists.
5. CS Mucheru – #KOT have strongly condemned CS Mucheru’s announcement that classes will continue online via video links. They are of the opinion that the CS is detached from reality, as most students don’t have electricity, internet and the devices required to benefit from online learning.
6. Siaya Burial – #KOT have continued to condemn the burial in Siaya, which they are terming shameful and inhuman. Multiple tweeps are of the opinion that the body should be exhumed and the deceased given a proper burial.
7. Ethiopian Airlines – #KOT have expressed disappointment after Ethiopian Airlines, in a move that will disadvantage KQ, were allowed to carry cargo from Kenya to Europe in their passenger planes. KQ is already making losses. Its CEO says that they should have been consulted before the decision was made but they weren’t.
8. Burundi – Burundi has been trending in Kenya, chiefly because it doesn’t seem to be a country fighting a pandemic. Burundians are still attending church, playing football and partying in clubs.
9. Murkomen – Murkomen has been trending after he remarked that Parliament is functionally dead and that the Executive is making decisions against the law since there is no one to check it. This resulted in a feud with Adan Duale, who opposed Murkomen, saying that the National Assembly was very much alive and performing its duties.
10. MKUvsJKUAT – The two universities, MKU and JKUAT, who both have not contributed to the battle against corona in any significant way, decided to pass time by having a brawl on twitter. This started after KU announced that they were making ventilators. We would expect that since JKUAT is the university of technology, they would have been at the forefront in such efforts. #KOT thought the same and when they tried to bring this to the attention of JKUAT comrades, JKUAT picked on a victim, MKU and thus twitter was entertained.
Top Trends on YouTube
1. Femi One X Mejja – Utawezana Official Video. 2.7 M views in 1 week. Same position.
2. Alikiba – Dodo Official Video, with Hamisa Mobeto featured. 2.2M views in 4 days. Same position.
3. Dogo Charlie’s Parody of Femi One x Mejja in which he sings for an avocado. 452 k views in 4 days. Up from number 4 .
4. Dj Shiti reaction to Azziad Nasenya’s Utawezana video. 481 k views in 1 week. Down from number 3
5. 2020 – Boondocks Gang Covid-19 Music Video. 186k views in 3 days. Up from number 6
6. Zuchu – Wana. Official Music Video in which WCB’s new signing Zuchu sings her debut with the label. 1.7M views in 5 days. Up from number 8
7. Kevin Otieno Patient Number 34 – Eric Omondi’s Parody of Mutahi Kagwe’s press briefings. 381k views in 6 days. Down from Number 6.
8. Churchill Show Sn09 Ep09 Jalango’s Journey – 88k views in 1 day. New in the top ten
9. Nyashinski – Glory. Official Music Video. 241k views in 5 days. Number 6 yesterday
10. MarkAngel Comedy – Social Distancing. 1.4M views in 4 days. Down from number 10.
- Henry Desagu – Desagu & Miracle Baby Sailors Under Arrest Partying as a crowd. 80k views in 1 day.
- Switch TV – DJ Flinch wants Azziad to dance the utawezana song on TV – see her reaction. 45k views in 23 hours.
- Nimo Gachuiri – Najua Official Music Video. 32k views in 1 day.
- Kiss 100 Kenya – Details: Ruth Matete’s husband passes on 22k views in 1 day.
- Zuchu ft Mbosso – Ashua(official audio) 274k views in 1 day.
Top on Tuko
- Ruth Matete’s husband dies after tragic gas accident. 170,000+ views.
- Siaya village in confusion after man is hurriedly buried at night without coffin. 30,000+ views
- Akothee introduces young girl giving her son Oyoo sleepless nights. 30,000+ views
- Body bags can keep corpses for 10 years – Gov’t pathologist Johansen Oduor – 14,000+ views
- Uasin Gishu: Chief who was pictured pouring illicit brew on helpless woman summoned – 15,000+ views
***Follow us on twitter@ trends_deku and like our page on Fb @trendsdeku***