1. Sonko – Sonko has been trending due to his fight with the county government regarding the running of Nairobi. He has won a battle in the war, after a court prohibited further destruction of the Sonko Rescue Team sanitation booths in Nairobi. KOT are divided with regards to Sonko: Some are calling him out as a hypocrite and are of the opinion that he should stop crying foul over mistreatment by the government yet he was part of that very government some time ago and was involved in mistreating others. Others are advising him to tow the line or face the music like Waititu who lost everything.
2. Atwoli – KOT are very angry with Atwoli and have resorted to calling him cowdung Atwoli, as he was baptized by Miguna Miguna recently. They are using sarcasm, reason and even downright insults to tell him off. His crime is the abandonment of his duties as the advocate for workers’ rights in favor of politicking against Ruto. KOT particularly have issue with the fact that while JKIA workers are being sacked and salaries being slashed in half, all Atwoli is doing is yapping about coalitions and 2022 succession politics.
3. SafaricomFYResults – After Safaricom released their financial results, they have been riding on a wave of friendly public opinion on twitter, even amid the wonder at the Telco’s very handsome profits. Safaricom’s CSR initiatives are being received well. But what KOT are really happy about is the announcement by Safaricom that they will launch a program enabling Kenyans to own their dream smartphones in a hire purchase system with rates as low as sh.20 per day. The initiative is expected to increase the number of smartphones in the country by 1 million.
4. BanUgandaChicken – KOT are complaining about the cheap chicken imported from Uganda, saying that it’s putting Kenyan chicken farmers at an unfair disadvantage. Allegedly, the main reason behind the cheaper chicken is the fact that it is imported with zero tax yet our exports to Uganda are subjected to a 25% tax. A section of KOT is thus calling for Ugandan chicken to be banned. The other section is criticizing this call, pointing out that there is something Ugandans are doing right that our Kenyan government and farmers should copy.
5. JKIA – KOT have expressed outrage at the mistreatment of workers at JKIA, who were reportedly sacked and locked out in the night. There was no previous communication about the termination of contracts. Allegedly, their replacements had already been selected. Notably, the COTU secretary general, whose duty it is to protect workers and advocate for their rights, is busy in other matters.
6. Jacaranda – Opposers of Mike Sonko have been very eager to remind him that while he was still in power, he poured feces using trucks at the Jacaranda grounds to keep out NASA followers. They have urged him to stop weeping and suffer silently because what goes around comes around.
7. BuruBuru – KOT have been lamenting an occurrence in Buruburu where a woman is alleged to have set fire to her husband. They have come out to strongly criticize the woman who did it and call for serious action to be taken against her, some even mentioning death by hanging. KOT are also attacking the feminists, asking them why they continue in silence after such a ghastly act by a woman and whether men are not human beings too.
8. George Opondo Ooko – After the president appointed George Ooko to head Kenyatta National Hospital, Luos on Twitter have come out to support the decision. Many of them are of the opinion that it is a fruit of the handshake and that if such are the benefits, then they don’t care whether they were bought. The appointment has generally been well received.
9. Kikuyus – Of course, after the Buruburu burning incident, KOT very eagerly connected it to a Kikuyu woman, with photographic evidence and all, and have already started the campaign against Kikuyu women, who have been branded murderers.
10. Magufuli – Kenyans seem to be rejoicing at the fact that covid-19 infections have shot up to 408, about a hundred more than ours. They not laughing because they’re sadistic. They’re laughing because they seem to have been proven right on their earlier warnings, which Magufuli had ignored. Magufuli has been blamed for the increasing number of cases, seeing as he adopted a lax attitude in the fight and allowed public gatherings such as those in churches to continue. Tanzanians taunted Kenyans for their lack of faith.
Trending on Digital News:
- Massive Asteroid to Zip Past Earth Tomorrow, NASA Says ‘It Poses No Threat’ – A huge ‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid is expected to fly past Earth tomorrow. The asteroid 1998 OR2 is said to be more than a mile-long, and if it were to strike the planet, it could cause extreme havoc. Click here to read more. Gadgets360
- Man Burns Alive After Car Bursts Into Flames Inside Nairobi Estate. Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke an eyewitness who was present as the car went up in flames, revealed that the tragic incident occurred at around 8 a.m., within the Mai Mahiu Court in the Nairobi estate. Click here to read more. Kenyans.co.ke
- Where Kenyans Are Likely to Land Jobs After Covid-19 – KNBS Report. The Economic Survey 2020 released on April 28, 2020, noted that the informal sector was the best bet, having single-handedly created over 90% of all new jobs in 2019 (846,300 jobs). kenyans.co.ke
- Covid-19: Govt Splashes Ksh16M WorldBank Donation on Airtime & Snacks. A Ministry of Health (MoH) brief to the National Assembly on response to questions regarding updates on Covid-19 presented in a virtual meeting on Tuesday, April 28, MoH indicated that Ksh6 million had been allocated as airtime allowance for its staff. Click here to read more. kenyans.co.ke
- Government to arrest children found idling. Parents whose children will be found roaming aimlessly in Kitale Town, estates and villages will be arrested and taken to quarantine centers at their own costs, the government has warned. Click here to read more. People Daily
- Nadia Mukami quits social media due to cyber bullying. Cyberbullying has taken a toll on celebrities this month. Nadia Mukami is the latest victim of this vice that has increased with the growth of social media. Click here to read more. The Star
- Nairobi criminals narrate how they charms to evade arrests, police bullets. TUKO.co.ke investigation established that some of such criminals aged gracefully without being arrested or gunned down by hawk-eyed and vigilant police officers like their counterparts who were either felled or arrested and charged. We caught up with one self-confessed pickpocket in Nairobi’s Jericho area who spoke on anonymity grounds. Click here to read more. Tuko
- CleanTech: Innovative sanitising tunnels that could allow Premier League fans back into stadiums. Premier League fans could make a return to stadiums sooner than expected despite coronavirus threat, all thanks to CleanTech – sanitising pods developed for a Hong Kong exhibition centre. Action is yet to resume in the English for weeks now following the global outbreak of coronavirus pandemic that saw sporting activities grounded. Click here to read more. Tuko
- Coronavirus:Tanzania’s COVID-19 cases soar to 480 surpassing Kenya by over 100. Health authorities in Tanzania have announced 196 new COVID-19 cases pushing the country’s tally of the disease to 480. The new cases were identified by medics between Thursday, April 24, and Tuesday, April 28.
Click here to read more. Tuko
Trending on YouTube:
- Khaligraph Jones ft Masauti Hao. Official Music Video. 1.1M views in 1 week.
- Mark Angel Comedy Househelps. 1.5M views in 5 days.
- Muigai Kigutha. Thai thai Ngai by Wanjiku Muigai and Muigai Njoroge. 157k views in 4 days.
- Bahati. Covid-19. Mwisho wa Dunia. 187k views in 2 days.
- Sauti Sol Brighter Days ft Soweto Choir. 974k views in 1 week.
- Octoppizo Cheche ft. Barak Jacuzzi. 55k views in 1 day.
- Daily Nation. Homa bay driver’s full viral video claiming he is healthy. 198k views in 1 week.
- Henry Desagu. Forced Karantine with Beautiful Girls. 70k views in 5 days.
- Inooro TV. Ihiga riumite matuini? Aikari kumakio ni mururumo wa ihiga riraumire iguru, kuguira nyumba Kirinyaga. 91k views in 3 days.
- Willy Paul x Nadia Mukami. Nikune. 686k views in 2 weeks.
***Feel free to leave your comments for the improvement of this column at the bottom of the page. Follow us on twitter @trends_deku and like our page on Fb at trendsdeku to stay on top of Kenyan Opinion and trends***