*By Daniel Mwanzia*
Peaceful night awesome night or what the Swahili say,’ usiku mwema usio na bugdha wala usumbufu wa mbu’.
Steps to get good sleep:
- Learn to value sleep. We never accomplish what we do not value
- Establish regular bedtime ritual to let your mind and body know that you are preparing to sleep
- Exercise appropriately every day, at least four to five hours before retiring.
- Establish regular times for rising and retiring and stick to them every day -even on weekends.
- Use a comfortable, firm bed located in a quiet, cool bedroom not cluttered with TVs, computers and exercise equipment.
- Eat lightly in the evening, several hours prior to bedtime.
- Avoid watching exciting or depressing TV programs or movies, engaging yourself in stressful events such as arguments or making momentous decisions soon before bedtime.
- Avoid the use of sleeping medications, confinement alcohol which disrupts normal sleep architecture.
- See your personal physician if you suspect a sleep disorder or other medical condition.
- Put your trust in God. Give him your problems and anxieties.
Discover more on DekuTrends:
1. Get Virtual Therapy from DeKUT counsellors. Click here to read.
2. Forgive Me Babe, I Didn’t Mean to Kill Your Dad. Click here to read.
3. The Controversial Murathe. Click here to read.