1. Moses Kuria – The public is worried about the supposed disappearance of Moses Kuria. It is feared that he might turn up dead, just like Msando did some time ago. Some Kenyans are of the opinion that it is good for Kuria to enjoy a taste of his own medicine as a result of a post he had made earlier suggesting that Msando was enjoying the company of women somewhere. Others are calling for the safe return of Moses Kuria and think that if Moses Kuria can be harmed, then nobody is safe. It is believed that a cause of Kuria’s disappearance may be a recent post about the reclamation of Kariobangi land for use in building sewage in a project related to the President.
2. Lake Victoria – Kenyans are fearful of the rising levels of water in Lake Victoria, which are said to be highest in the past 50 years. They are worried that more lives will be lost and that the government is not doing enough about the situation. This is consistent with opinions that the floods, having killed around 200 people are more dangerous than covid-19 yet are being given little attention.
3. Flaqo – Kenyans are pleased with the comedian Flaqo, whose work seems to be receiving widespread acceptance. Kenyans are particularly awed by the fact that he plays multiple characters with such ease and consider him very talented. He recently appeared on a TV interview and regarding the question of whether he should join mainstream entertainment, majority of Kenyans are of the opinion that once he goes mainstream, his talent will be suffocated. They are advising Flaqo to keep perfecting his craft and growing his brand without going mainstream.
4. Mukuru Kwa Njenga – Kenyans are displeased with Matiang’i’s reported donation of food to Mukuru Kwa Njenga residents. The opinion on twitter is that the donation was a PR stunt because it was held at the KICC and only a few residents of Mukuru Kwa Njenga could have been there to receive the donations.
5. Baite TV – Another scandal seems to be unfolding in Meru and Kenyans are not happy about it. A expenditure report is making rounds on twitter in which Hon Kawira from Meru sanctions the purchase of anointing oil from Israel and pays 18M for advertisements on Baite TV at 1.8M each. These and other unbelievable uses for money have left Kenyans fuming. However, it is the opinion of some that the report is just propaganda from Hon Kawira’s enemies because she intends to run for Governor.
***Follow us on twitter at trends_deku and like our Fb page at trendsdeku***