- 1/2 kg steak
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
1. Cut the steak into cubes and wash it with running water.
2. Add the vinegar and mix the steak with the vinegar thoroughly. This helps get rid of the smell of raw meat.
3. Add the yoghurt and mix it thoroughly with the steak.
4. Add the garlic paste and ginger paste and continue mixing the steak mixture.
5. Gradually add the powdered spices and continue mixing the steak with all the spices.
6. Cover the steak in the bowl with a plate and let it marinate for at least three hours.
7. Into each skewer, place 4 chunks of marinated steak.
8. Prepare your grill, brush and oil.
9. Place the Mishkaki on direct heat from the grill and start cooking.
10. Turn the side of the Mishkaki every 2 minutes and brush some oil for them to cook properly.
11. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes and remove them from the heat.
Serve with your favorite sauce.
Also by Naima, read: